Grande Prairie, Alberta – Grande Prairie RCMP arrested a male and a female, seized firearms and drugs, following a drug trafficking investigation by Grande Prairie RCMP General Duty Officers.
After receiving complaints from Hillside area residents an investigation was initiated into drug trafficking. On Feb. 12, 2021, Grande RCMP Municipal officers, with assistance form Grande Prairie ALERT, and Grande Prairie RCMP Police Dog Services executed a search warrant at a residence in the area of 101 Avenue and 89 Street.
The search resulted in the seizure of the following:
· Winchester 30-30 Rifle
· Remington 810 Shotgun
· Loaded Glock .45 handgun
· Two Airsoft Pistols
· Large amount of assorted ammunition
· 160 Grams of Methamphetamine
· 6 Litres of Gamma-Hydroxybutyrate (GHB)
· 33 Grams of Cocaine
· $4900 in Canadian Currency
Shenine HOFFMAN (39) of Grande Prairie was charged with:
· Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking x 2
· Unauthorized possession of a restricted weapon
· Unsafe storage of a firearm
· Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
· Possession of a weapon while prohibited
Landon LETENDRE (18) of Grande Prairie of Grande Prairie was charged with:
· Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking
· Unsafe storage of a firearm x 2
· Unauthorized possession of a firearm x 2
HOFFMAN and LETENDRE are scheduled to appear in Grande Prairie Provincial Court on March 24, 2021.
The RCMP remains fully committed in building “safe communities” and enforcing laws to their fullest extent, in order to achieve this goal. Members of the public who suspect drug activity in their community are encouraged to contact their local RCMP detachment.
If you have information about this incident or any other illegal activity, please call the Grande Prairie RCMP at 780-830-5700 or call your local police. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.
Grande Prairie RCMP
Please help by “sharing” our reports on your social media accounts.