Crime

Peace Regional RCMP investigate Carbon Monoxide Poisoning; “Police located a 58-year-old female and a 64 year-old male unresponsive, not breathing”

Peace River, Alberta – On December 26th, 2021, Peace Regional RCMP attended a residence in Little Buffalo to confirm the wellbeing of the occupants. Upon arrival, Police located a 58-year-old female and a 64 year-old male unresponsive, not breathing and having no pulse.

While the RCMP were on scene they began to feel dizzy and light headed. The RCMP members exited the residence and contacted the Fire Department for assistance. The Fire Department attended the scene and identified a high level of carbon monoxide inside the residence.

While this is believed to be an isolated incident, the RCMP encourage people to familiarize themselves with the signs and symptom of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Peace Regional RCMP investigate Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Peace Regional RCMP investigate Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Sign and Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include:

· Headache

· Dizziness

· General Weakness

· Chest Pain

· Confusion

Police do not suspect any foul play regarding this incident and the names of the deceased will not be released by the RCMP.

The RCMP are encouraging members of the public to check their carbon monoxide detectors and confirm that they are in good working order. Carbon monoxide detectors can be purchased from local hardware stores and should be present in all residences that are heated by propane, wood and natural gas.

Peace Regional RCMP

Please support us by “sharing”.



Canada Police Report

Canada Police Report is a database of official media releases made public by police departments across Canada. All reports are written by police media departments. Reports are published unaltered, in the exact format submitted by police.
Back to top button
Hide picture