43 Christian churches in Canada have been vandalized, burned down or desecrated since the announcement last month of the apparent discovery of graves found near a residential school in Kamloops BC,.
Since then, two other first nations have announced similar findings of burial sites located near former residential schools.
In response to these announcements, far-left radicals have used this opportunity as an excuse to terrorize Catholic and other Christian communities by targeting churches.
Here is the full list of churches that have been targeted by the radical vandals:
ARSONED OR BURNED
St. Paul’s Anglican Church, Gitwangak First Nation, BC.,
- On June 26th suspected arsonists lit a fire on the door steps of the church, several days later arsonists returned and burned the church completely down.
St. Columba Church, Tofino, BC.,
- On July 2nd, firefighters were called to put out a fire at the church. One side of the church was seriously damaged but the fire was eventually put out.
Saint Ann’s Catholic Church, Princeton, BC.,
- St. Ann’s Catholic Church was one of two churches burnt down on June 26 on Similkameen First Nations territory. The over 100-year-old building was engulfed in flames early Saturday morning. Nearby Chopaka Catholic Church was also burnt down only an hour later. Police are investigating whether the two incidents are connected.
Chopaka Catholic Church, Chopaka, BC.,
- On June 26, Chopaka Catholic Church was burnt down after a suspected arson targeted the building. St. Ann’s Church which was nearby was also burnt down only less than an hour prior. RCMP are treating both fires as suspicious but have yet to determine whether they were connected. The church was located on Similkameen First Nations land.
Sacred Heart Mission Church, Penticton, BC.,
- Sacred Heart Mission Church was burnt down on Monday, June 28. The church, which was built in 1910, was the second to be engulfed in the south Okanagan on the same day. Nearly 40 minutes away, St. Gregory Mission Church near Osoyoos was also burnt down. Sacred Heart Mission Church was located on Penticton Indian Band lands.
St. Gregory Mission Church, Osoyoos, BC.,
- St. Gregory Mission Church was one of two churches in the south Okanagan to have been destroyed by fire on June 28. The church, which is located on Osoyoos Indian Band land, was set on fire at 3:10 am on Monday. Investigators are continuing to look into the incident.
Grace Lutheran Church, Kelowna, BC.,
- On July 10, firefighters responded to a suspicious fire at the church in West Kelowna. The fire had engulfed the entire garage before being put out. The incident is currently under investigation.
Our Lady of Peace, Peace River, AB.,
- On July 3, arsonists attacked Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church with Molotov cocktails causing a fire. According to police, the suspects threw the incendiary devices through the church windows. Firefighters were able to put out the fire with minimal damage to the building.
House Of Prayer Alliance Church, Calgary AB.,
- Investigators with the arson unit are looking into a fire that broke out on July 4 at a local Calgary church. The fire damaged the building externally and also caused some smoke damage inside.
Siksika First Nation Catholic Church, Siksika, AB.,
- On June 28, RCMP and fire officials responded to a fire at Siksika First Nation Catholic Church. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire before any significant damage took hold. According to an initial investigation, the fire was believed to have been set deliberately.
St. Jean Baptiste Parish, Edmonton, AB.,
- St. Jean Baptiste Parish church in Morinville was engulfed in flames on Wednesday, June 30. Fire crews attended the building around 3:20 am but were unable to fully extinguish the flames. The church was totally lost as a result of the fire.
Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church, Kehewin, AB.,
- Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church was completely destroyed following a fire that was deliberately set on Friday, July 9. An under-aged individual was arrested and charged with arson following the incident.
Co-Cathedral of St. Patrick, Yellowknife, NWT.,
- Yellowknife RCMP are investigating a suspicious fire lit at the Co-Cathedral of St. Patrick in Yellowknife on July 1. No injuries were reported and the building was slightly damaged. According to a statement from the diocese, the fire involved an incendiary device.
Polish Roman Catholic Church, Saskatoon, SK.,
- A former Polish Roman Catholic Church located on private property near Redberry Lake was burnt to the ground on July 8. A local resident had noticed smoke coming from the historic church’s general location and found the church to be engulfed in flames. Saskatchewan RCMP are investigating the incident.
St John’s Anglican Church, Saint Johns, Ont.,
- On May 12, the 200-year-old St John’s Anglican Church was set on fire after somebody doused the building with gasoline. Local First Nations authorities believe the fire was set in response to recent residential school grave announcements.
Johnsfield Baptist Church, Saint Johns, Ont.,
- Police with Six Nations of the Grand River are investigating a July 5 arson attempt. The suspect attempted to light the building on fire while residents were located inside on the lower level. The resident was able to extinguish the fire and claimed that he heard a car door slam shut before he came outside of the building. Following the arson attempt, residential school survivor Jessie Malcolm condemned the actions.
Saint Kateri Tekakwitha, Sipekne’katik First Nations, NS.,
- A suspicious fire broke out on June 30 on Sipekne’katik First Nations land at the Saint Kateri Tekakwitha church. According to investigators, threats targeting the church were circulating around the community before the fire was set. Firefighters were able to contain the flames but the fire managed to damage parts of the building before it was put out.
St. Augustine’s Parish, Vancouver, BC.,
St. Jude’s Parish, Vancouver, BC.,
St. Joseph’s Parish, Vancouver, BC.,
St Joseph’s Church, Kamloops Indian Band, BC.,
Cathedral of Mary Immaculate, Nelson, BC.,
St. Luke’s Parish, Calgary AB.,
Sacred Heart Church & Columbarium, Calgary AB.,
Grace Presbyterian Church, Calgary AB.,
St. Elizabeth of Hungary Catholic Church, Calgary AB.,
St. Anthony’s Catholic Parish, Calgary AB.,
St. Joseph Catholic Church, Calgary AB.,
St. Mary’s Cathedral, Calgary AB.,
All Nations Full Gospel Church, Calgary AB.,
Holy Trinity Church, Calgary AB.,
St. Anthony’s Catholic Parish, Calgary AB.,
St. Bonaventure Church, Calgary AB.,
Holy Rosary Catholic Church (Polish) – Kościół Różańca Świętego, Edmonton, AB.,
Horse Lake Mennonite Church, Duck Lake, SK.,
St. Paul Co-Cathedral, Saskatoon, SK.,
First Presbyterian Church, Brandon, MB.,
St. Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Church, Fisher Branch, MB.,
Basilica of Our Lady Immaculate, Guelph, Ont.,
Merciful Redeemer Parish, Mississauga, Ont.,
Cathedral Of St Peter-In-Chains, Peterborough, Ont.
If you think we missed something, please submit a tip in the form below and we will make sure to add it to our comprehensive list.