As a media source, we have been speaking about the dangers of mask-wearing, and now, unfortunately, there is proof that mask-wearing is not only hazardous but deadly.
Recently, Health Canada conducted a preliminary risk assessment on certain masks which revealed a potential for early lung damage associated with inhalation of microscopic graphene particles. What is Graphene you ask? Graphene is a strong, very thin material that is used in fabrication, but it can be harmful to the lungs when inhaled and can cause long-term health problems.
Due to these findings, Health Canada has issued a warning about blue and gray disposable face masks, which contain an asbestos-like substance associated with “early pulmonary toxicity.”
Now, don’t panic, but definitely take some time to take a look at what you are putting on your face every day. The SNN200642 masks (made in China) are sold and distributed by a Quebec-based company called Métallifer. These masks were part of Canada’s public school reopening plan. Students were told that they needed to wear them in the classroom to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Radio-Canada obtained documents showing Health Canada warnings of the potential for “early pulmonary toxicity” from the SNN200642 masks.
Some daycare educators had been suspicious of these grey and blue masks for a while. They noticed that when they were wearing the masks, they felt like they were swallowing cat hair.
Another similar style of disposable mask, known as MC9501, was likewise pulled from distribution throughout Canada after it was determined to be unsafe. As many as 31.1 million toxic masks from this line were distributed before the government realized that they are unfit for use. Hearing that number is scary and must be considered before you go ahead and put on another mask.
The risks associated with inhaling graphene particles is unacceptable, and Canadians should immediately stop using the masks.